Subject: [Leica] Earthquake Cake
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Nov 12 09:31:26 2005

Sonny showed:

> It was Eric's Birthday this past Monday, and  Kathy had a meeting, so she
> asked me to buy a cake for him.  I figured,  "heck, I can make a cake!"
>
> So I did, from a nice mix.  The  two layers came out of the oven just
> beautiful.  I let them cool on a rack  for fifteen minutes, just like the
> directions
> said.
>
> I spread pudding on  top of one layer, and gently positioned the other on
> top. So far, so good.   Then I began to spread the fudge icing, and a
> small crack
> appeared in the top of  the cake.  No problem, I  just poked some icing in
> the hole . . . and  the crack widened to a yawn.   <<<<

Sonny,
So what we see here proves you weren't the chef de birthday cake shown in
your "Favs" post the other day. I believe this is your other son's birthday?
;-)

For what it's worth old buddy "stick to taking pictures of birthday cakes"
and leave the baking to Kathy. Or when she suggests you get the BD cake, you
do just that.... "go to the bakery and buy one!" :-)

Heck then all you have to do is load & light the candles, get the camera and
take pictures.;-)

Now how does that simple scenario sound? ;-)

ted