Subject: [Leica] Earthquake Cake
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 11 08:09:33 2005

It was Eric's Birthday this past Monday, and  Kathy had a meeting, so she
asked me to buy a cake for him.  I figured,  "heck, I can make a cake!"

So I did, from a nice mix.  The  two layers came out of the oven just
beautiful.  I let them cool on a rack  for fifteen minutes, just like the
directions
said.

I spread pudding on  top of one layer, and gently positioned the other on
top. So far, so good.   Then I began to spread the fudge icing, and a small
crack
appeared in the top of  the cake.  No problem, I  just poked some icing in
the hole . . . and  the crack widened to a yawn.

About that time Kathy walked in  the door, took one look and started
laughing.  Eric came to the kitchen to  see what was up.  I've got fudge on
my
spatula,  both hands,  my  forehead, and some on the cake.

As you'll see, we put candles on it and  sang Happy Birthday to  Eric.

http://www.sonc.com/16_candles_on_the_earthquake_cake.htm

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com