Subject: [Leica] I'm Back!
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Nov 12 18:26:07 2005

At 05:36 PM 11/12/2005, Tina Manley wrote:

>Hi, Ted -
>
>Thanks!  I hope Sandy is recovering.  Those bugs can be awful.  Amoebic
>dysentery and some of the hepatitis alphabet ones are the worst I've
>experienced.  I never used to take anything prophylactic but have started
>taking Levaquin every day when I think I may be in questionable
>circumstances. I think that may have saved us in China several times.  We
>ate street food often and tried to eat only very hot food, but sometimes
>when we had to point to order, I wondered what it was that we were eating!

Hopefully not civet cat :-) I remember the son of a HK Tycoon died after
visiting India from (I think) Amoebic something or another back in 75. It
happened the same time we moved to US so I remember it. All that money and
they couldn't do anything either! When we were in India for a week, we even
made sure to brush our teeth with boiled or bottle water and wouldn't you
know it, when we were driving to the Bangalore airport for departure, we
got stomach problem!!!

I am hoping to make it to China some times next year, our friends say the
water in the big cities are OK, at least you can brush your teeth without
worrying (too much?)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] I'm Back!)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] I'm Back!)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] I'm Back!)