Subject: texas leica (WAS Re: [Leica] OT: Bronica 645 RF?)
From: wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell)
Date: Sun Nov 13 15:09:36 2005

On 11/13/05, Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> wrote:
> texas leica -> linhof technika: rangefinder-coupled interchangable lenses,
> german glass, quiet, absurdly strong.   xenotar 2.8 has similar
> DOF of a Noctilux.  expensive.  a trifle bigger, heavier and less
> unobtrusive.
>
> http://shinozuka.org/linhof/
>
> -rei

In that vein, if you've got three or four thousand dollars sitting
around, you could go for the Littman 45 - 4x5, parallax-corrected
rangefinder based on an old Polaroid body.

I bought the same body (110A/110B) modified for current pack films and
resigned myself to shooting Polaroid - for $200. 3200 ISO film almost
makes the 127/4.7 lens usable indoors.

--
Matt Powell
wooderson@gmail.com