Subject: [Leica] Processing dilemna
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Nov 14 13:25:06 2005

Jim,

Funny you should mention the one hour option. I went to Wal-Mart
planning to have them send the film out. The guy who ran the one hour
services seemed to know his stuff, so I had him process the film. I just
picked up the finished work. He did a decent job. I think the trick is
to maintain the Frontier processor and let it do the work.

I'm indeed rusty using a rangefinder. Nowhere was that more evident than
with the 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH. That's a difficult lens to use. It's
capable of producing the most interesting images.....or the most boring.
It's either one or the other with that lens. There's no middle ground.

On a lot of 21/2.8 shots I either didn't get close enough or I missed
aligning verticals. I got several that are good enough they'll make me
forget the bad ones.

I really like the BW 400CN. I'm going to buy more and I won't hesitate
to use Wal-Mart for processing. I wish I'd ordered scans, too.

Dave