Subject: [Leica] Playing around with Elmar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Nov 14 15:34:43 2005

On 11/14/05 7:43 AM, "Ric Carter" <ricc@mindspring.com> typed:

> Daniel--
>
> Your teen is a hell of a lot more patient with you and your camera
> than mine are!
>
> Nice portraits.
>
> Ric Carter
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies
>

> On Nov 14, 2005, at 9:25 AM, Daniel Ridings wrote:
>
>> The sun peeked out briefly so I played around with the kitchen IIIf
>> with an old Elmar (no serial numbers on it, just golden nickel).
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v45_0029
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v45_0030
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v45_0031
>>
>> It flares extremely, extremely easily, but if you catch it in a good
>> mood, it's a nice little gem.
>>
>> Daniel

The first is a magic one in a million shot IMO as I just implied.
Or as some of these photographers, French for the most part, in this CONTACT
DVD series I've just seen, say "a photograph". The second ones being "not
photographs". How these guys talk while looking at their contact sheets.
Basically 30 great photographers in 300 minutes showing you their contact
sheets.
This shot was a good as anything there. Or not less good. Better than some.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/