Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Tue Nov 15 11:33:23 2005

> My daughter was about ready for the party food I think.
>
> Leica MP, Noctilux, f1, 1/15th, Velvia 100F.
>
> http://members.dodo.com.au/rdcb37/bowling.jpg

Shooting with a Noctilux wide open gives really bizarre point source light
aberrations around the outside of the composition.  Look at the multicolored
blob in the upper right corner of this shot. I think this is an oof light
that, because of the aberrations in this lens at f/1.0 on the outside, has
focused the primary colors at different places and given a prismatic look to
the highlight.  This aberration can also be seen in B&W pix as "disking" or
altering the shape of oof specular highlights.  This is a lot of the charm
of this lens to me.

You want to see REAL aberrations at full aperture try the Canon 50/0.95 RF
lens....  glow city...

JB

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...)