Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Nov 15 15:45:51 2005

feli said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...

>>> In your case of shooting with the Noct for 20 plus years, it must be
>>> second nature.<<,

Feli mon ami,
OH NO! :-) If one begins doing by second nature that's when you screw-up!

Some time a go I thought nothing of shooting all kinds of things day and
night at f1.0 as it was great fun to see what I got, good, bad or ugly. ;-)
As well as to hear comments from viewers of slides or looking at prints..
:-)

However, ;-) Nobody ever saw the "missed attempts!" ;-)

And due to this damn age crap creating a lack of use this past year it has
made a near chicken out of me working at f1.0! :-( However, I've never shied
away from a challenge nor trying, so if in doubt it's only film, bang off
lots and as long as you get...."ONE RIGHT." that's all that counts.:-)

I think the lens became available in '73?  So I've had one since then and
used it probably more than any other piece of Leica glass throughout the
many assignments since then. And I have to say with good, bad and some very
ugly moments. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner) ([Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...)