Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Tue Nov 15 17:02:29 2005

I had a Noctilux and loved it: beautiful rendering and the most flare
proof lens I have ever, ever seen. It was my normal of choice and I
used it constantly. However, I could not adapt to the 1 meter
focusing limit. I seem to feel comfortable at about 0.8 to 0.9
meters. I thought I would adapt if I kept at it but after a year and
a half I realized it just wasn't going to happen. Every time I got
ready to use it, I would lift the camera up and find I would have to
back up five to twenty centimeters.

I sold it and bought a 50/1.4A: rendition is fine but it is not as
flare proof as the Noctilux. However, it instantly worked for me: no
more backing up. I am happy.

Now Velvia is another matter entirely; gag me with a stick and beat
me up with your colours from h***.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...)