Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Fri Nov 18 13:50:48 2005

This bowling alley shot (which I also like!) pretty well sums up my
thoughts on the Noctilux.  It's not a sharp lens!  Not compared with
Leica's sharp lenses.  Sure, you can take portraits in good light at
f1 and 1000th, but sharpish eyes with blurry tip of nose and totally
mashed ears is not a good look for young women I've found.

The zone for the Nocti is f1 and a 15th to a 30th in dim light.  At
f1 and a 15th, nothing is sharp, sharp, sharp.  But oh boy it can
look like one of those old paintings.  A bit surreal.

I like to take the Nocti out for some good one-on-one play every now
then.  It's best used when the others are left behind.

Rick.