Subject: [Leica] horizontal or not? Maybe it is now.
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Nov 18 17:33:12 2005

Hi Dick,

Richard S. Taylor wrote:

> Douglas - Nice try, but a smidge more rotation to the left please.
> Maybe 0.1 or 0.15 degrees.

On the big blue CRT  upstairs in the office I might have seen that too,
the TFT  is a quite a number of inches smaller.

> Trust me on this.  I just finished squaring just over 900 scans of
> negative pages for my archives.  My eye is really tweaked for
> sub-degree tilts right now.  ;-)
>
> With all the angles in the shot it needs to be tweaked by eye, not by
> measurement.  You want it to look level, not necessarily be level.

That's what I thought too, the camber of the pier surface in front of
the building in the background doesn't help at all (except to keep the
place dry , of course)
I concentrated on the water. The out of true of the fence at the bottom
left is probably lens distortion, but if I try and correct it the end of
the sofa goes all
trapezium shaped. (was the sofa taken with a different lens, Philippe?
Yes, that's not fair :'( ).

> It's a tough one, for sure.  :-)

'tis indeed!!