Subject: [Leica] Tiny white spots on my negs!
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Nov 21 01:39:19 2005

Hi Richard,
try scanning the neg as if if it was a colour slide 1) without FARE   2)
with FARE,   if they persist it is the negative, and not the scanner. Of
course you get a negative image which will show the spots even better,
so you can see if they're evenly distributed. If they are concentrated
in one place, for example the bottom edge or towards the bottom of the
film strip when it was hung up to dry, it could mean that the negatives
went spotty during the washing and drying process  - perhaps fine
particles of scale in the (hard?) tap water.
Just a suggestion
Douglas