Subject: [Leica] A night shot of Fremont, a neighborhood of Seattle
From: davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON)
Date: Wed Nov 23 09:13:14 2005

Some replies to remarks by Aram Langhans:

Nice shot, Mark.  The two bridges seem to be so close together I
>wouldn't have thought you could get such a sweeping shot with the set-up
>you used.

It's surprising, but I think the bridges are actually further apart than
they seem from the ground. You have to walk about 3/4 of the way from the
north to the south end of the bridge to get this vantage point.

>Years ago (like over 30) I walked out on the Aurora Bridge to get a
>picture. It was in the middle of the day and it was kind of frightening.
>It's a LONG way down and with all the traffic, the bridge sure did vibrate
>a lot.  Only made it about 1/4 the way across.  Probably better at night.
>Did you have a funny feeling thinking about what the motorists were
>thinking about you?

The cars are going so fast across the bridge these days (at least 50mph),
they didn't seem to even notice me at all.

Mark Davison