Subject: [Leica] was DVD,now Ted Grant collection,National Archives.
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon Nov 28 11:04:21 2005

On Nov 27, 2005, at 9:57 PM, Ted Grant wrote:
> As of Monday 28th my files, slides, negs, B&W mounted exhibitions
> will be going to the National Archives of Canada. They already have
> a Ted Grant collection within the National Photo Collection, so
> this is the final submission covering the past 55 years of my life
> as a photojournalist.
>
> Quite frankly an emotional time to say the least these past months
> as my assistant and I filled 30 boxes and looked at many many
> prints. There were moments of looking back 40 years and feeling
> satisfied at what I did. By the same token looking at some even
> more recent and thinking, "well you idiot why did you shoot it that
> way?" ;-)
>
> Kind of goes with the territory, as no one in this crazy world of
> photography is perfect! Hell I've spent 55 years in the fun house
> and I'm learning all over again, with digital! ;-) And I'd never
> change any of it.
>
> Well OK one thing for sure! I'd have more family time rather than
> phone time talking to them from the other side of the world.
>
> Anyway as of Tuesday it's the beginning of a whole new world, we
> shall see what path it takes me.

warm congratulations Ted, on your wonderful work....dear friend, we
now want to see what path you take....

Steve

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] was DVD,now Ted Grant collection,National Archives.)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] DVD for teaching photography?)