Subject: [Leica] Re: Feli's XTOL
From: benmarks2005 at gmail.com (Benjamin Marks)
Date: Tue Nov 29 05:21:57 2005

Well, it seems like the variables are:

developer freshness/batch consistency
time
temperature
added ingredients in H20
underexposure

Feli, I'm assuming that the last one isn't the issue. One variable that you
really don't have control over is what may or may not be added to your
water.  I would try mixing a batch with distilled water only and see if this
addresses your problems.   FWIW, I print with a cold-light and like a denser
negative.  9.5-10 min at 20 C in a Jobo rotary processor is what works for
me at 1:1 dilution.

Good luck and let us know how it comes out.