Subject: [Leica] Retro Blast... Now sharpness and contrast.
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Dec 2 00:22:39 2005

Great link, Sonny. I enjoyed it. It reminds me of some old album
pictures I've seen (and own a few) of our family (Tennessee and
southern Illinois, war days, you know, that one, and there-a-bouts).

I've not posted this shot here on the LUG because I didn't want, for a
million dollars, Slobodan to know that I actually picked up a Moskva-5
after passing on his pristine example that was up for sale. But people
on other lists have expressed appreciation for it. It's an old bellows
camera, 105mm lens, not very fast. Definitely better tools for doing
this kind of shooting, but I was just testing:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=21370&cat=5487

Light couldn't even reach out to the edges of the frame when it is
wide-open. It was a slow shutter-speed, don't remember which, but 1/25
or slower. It kind of works for creating an effect.

Daniel