Subject: [Leica] NYC trip, and others
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sun Dec 4 16:03:44 2005

On Dec 4, 2005, at 6:48 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

> I also like #8 and #10.  I also like #1, even thought it's a corny
> pose, because I just like stuff like that.

She sometimes strikes corny poses, I am coming to learn.  It's the
"artist" in her!  :-)

> I also noticed that you got some beautiful tonality out of TMX 400
> in #1.  I would have sworn it was chromogenic BW400CN like the
> others if you hadn't identified it

As I've mentioned, I've recently moved and my non-C41 processing is
being done by the Photo Lab at Wesleyan University.  He's doing a lot
of the processing for photographers in this area, as a way to
supplement the budget of the department.  I haven't talked to him
about what he's using.

> I only wish the young lady was facing the "no bags unattended"
> sign, and then Ken could have moved in closer, and gotten a good
> composition with just the girl, the bench, the sign, and that great
> shadow on the back rest.

I actually scooted as unobtrusively as possible down my bench in
order to get closer.  Ah, where's the 90 when you need it?  At home
in the other bag.  (I know, Ted, if you don't have the lens, you
don't get the shot.  At least I carry spare batteries now.)  :-)

> Yes, light makes us do strange things:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album170/PC031319MyShadowSnow

I like the self-portrait, Peter!

And, thanks for looking and commenting.