Subject: [Leica] PAW 48 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Dec 5 01:24:50 2005

Thanks Philippe,

I'm growing fond of the IIIf and Elmar this winter. It is small enough
to be a constant companion, in the inside pocket of my jacket, and I
seem to be able to hold it steady at slow shutter speeds. This one was
1/4 wide-open again. I wouldn't have expected it to work out, since it
is small and light, but it's easy to grasp on each side of the body,
press against my face and pressure my hands in opposite directions,
balancing out the force (not breathing either).

It kind of has me looking for a red scale Elmar (coated) for other
situations where the lens doesn't perform very well.

The Rolleicord V is my favorite. I've piddled around with other medium
format equipment (never a Hasselblad, though I'd love to) and I just
keep coming back to the little Rolleicord V. It's light and has
beautiful optics.

Here is what the main beat out when it comes to the Elmar:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v48_0002

It wasn't quite as dark in that one. I had gone out to shop for lunch,
so it was the middle of the day.

Thanks!
Daniel