Subject: [Leica] OT-UK Grad Universities
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Mon Dec 5 04:57:06 2005

Hi Mike,

Did you get any replies to this?

I work in Cambridge and went to a UK university (not Cambridge) and know a
lot of graduates from all over the UK.  Cambridge is considered the best in
the UK, if not the World.  Oxford is a close second.  York (the UK one - I
don't know about Canada!) is in the "top tier" along with places like London
(UCL, Imperial etc.), Southampton, Durham, Edinburgh and probably St Andrews
as well.  I don't know so much about the Irish (Limerick) or Welsh (Cardiff)
ones, although Queens in Belfast is considered good.  Her chosen area is
quite specific and may be easier to study in a location associated with it,
so Ireland for Irish Celtic studies, Scotland for Scottish etc.  Having said
that she may want to choose the university based on which well-regarded
professors lecture there on her chosen field.

Hope that's some help!

Best regards,
Simon.