Subject: [Leica] Leica D-Lux 2
From: hd at hd.pp.se (Håkan Dennersten)
Date: Mon Dec 5 10:15:05 2005

Hello H?kan the lurker here .

I have seen that there have'nt been any discussions yet about D-Lux2,

I got mine Saturday and had some time during a little trip to
Lousiana Art Centre North of Copenhagen to try it Yesterday.

Pictures here:

http://www.hd.pp.se/gallery/album54

No masterpieces... but it shows a little what the camera can do.

Information about camera : http://www.leica-camera.com/
digitalekameras/dlux2/index_e.html

So some first impressions:

* It's a lot smaller and cooler than i thought. It's really an eye
catcher which even no photonerds liked to ask about.
* The screen is great.
* Lens is razorsharp.
* Anti shake system  seems to work really well, se the pictures. I
managed to hold 1/13 s, with decent result.
* It got RAW, Tif and JPG.
* 8,5 MP
* There is all automatic, and manual if you need.

So it sounds like a dream camera ...  yes almost ...

BUT there is one big drawback-

ISO is just 80 - 400.

Above 100 you need to set the camera on "reduce noise". When you
have done so, it's OK up 200 ... but 400 is quite useless if you want
something bigger than small webpics out of your shooting.  So thats
kind of a bummer ...

However, there is a cure.

If you shoot in RAW, Adobe Raw plugin cleans it very nicely.  So it's
not that big thing for me, i am shooting RAW most of the time.

It seems to clean 9 out of 10 good. But it seems that it's no night
time shoots for me with this camera

Look at this : http://www.hd.pp.se/gallery/album54/louisiania_1

Best

H?kan