Subject: [Leica] IIIf focus question - Help
From: macdude4 at bellsouth.net (Mark)
Date: Mon Dec 5 12:34:00 2005

Leica IIIf very hard to focus

I just acquired a Leica IIIf that seems to be in very good condition,
BUT, when I try to focus it is very hard to see the second image
so that I can bring the two into alinement.

I have an M7 and have no trouble focusing on the same object.

As an experiment I went into a semi-dark room and focused on
the band of light around a window shade, because it was so
bright compared to the background I had no trouble seeing
the second image and bringing it into focus.

I measured from camera to window shade and the camera
seems to be focusing correctly, it?s just I cant see to focus.

Are all IIIf?s like this ?
Do I need a CLA ?
Or is it something else ?

Thanks in advance

Mark ( who has no trouble focusing his M7 )

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] IIIf focus question - Help)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] IIIf focus question - Help)
Reply from macdude4 at bellsouth.net (Mark) ([Leica] IIIf focus question - Help)