Subject: [Leica] Re: Salgado' s work--reflection
From: bernard.degaute at skynet.be (Bernard Degaute)
Date: Tue Dec 6 02:48:05 2005

>>Luck? I'd call that life-risking dedication to getting
>>the shot you realize must be there.
>>
>>As to best living photographer - that all depends on your taste and
>>definition. I think Nachtwey is dead even with Salgado, but that's my
taste
>>and definition.
>
>Agreed. And it's the hard work they do that gets them there.

In Charleroi last Saturday Don McCullin was asked why he returned to the
battle fields and risked his life. He told he felt he was the most
appropriate guy  to do the job.

>Many professional journalists do not hold degrees in Journalism

McCullin left school at 14. OTOH if you have the opportunity to meet him at
a conference or so ever, cancel your family meeting but don't miss him.

Bernard
bernard.degaute@skynet.be