Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW 48: Centers of Attention
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Tue Dec 6 07:34:07 2005

Referring to http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2005_48/index.html, Ted
recently said:

> Put your hand on the screen and cut her off, you'll see Michael comes
> across
> with more effect! However you can't crop it like that as you'd cut his arm
> or hand off. That of course is a no no as it spoils his action and body
> language.

Carrying this possibly a step further, I was recently told to watch
carefully so as to not crop a body part (hand, arm or leg) at a joint;
it creates a disturbing visual.  Of course there are exceptions to every
rule but I am trying to be more conscious of it now.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 48: Centers of Attention)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 48: Centers of Attention)