Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M"
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue Dec 6 11:48:57 2005

Frank,

I attended college in slide rule era of the late 40s- early 50s, and still
have at least three around the house.  In the engineering jobs I held early
on, a 6-inch P&E rule fit nicely in the shirt pocket and was plenty accurate
for work in the field.  I transitioned to Friden and Marchant desktop
calculators for serious computations, and didn't own a pocket calculator
until my sons outgrew the ones I bought for them to use in college.  Now
they are all involved in serious work with computers, and the old man has to
work hard to hold a technical conversation with them.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA