Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] Digital Leica "M"
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Dec 6 23:49:51 2005

I must also plead guilty to the RPN preference.  I use an HP-11C, and still
have my original HP-25 from 1979.

If you want a decent freeware RPN calculator for the PC, just do a search
on "Excalibur RPN calculator" and you'll find it quickly.  There is also
site out there that has the history and specs of many of the classic HP
models, plus emulators.

And I still have two slide rules, including one that I used in high school,
and the old wooden German slide rule my father the theoretical physicist
used in the 40s and 50s.  It's in a drawer with his old Estabrook fountain
pen and my Osmiroid italic pen with the left-handed nib. I used those pens
to write music on diazo sheets in the time before music programs on
personal computers.

--Peter