Subject: [Leica] NY Times Article on Famous Rosa Parks Photo
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Dec 7 13:05:55 2005

I can't get over the fact that people are willing to subscribe to news
papers, but are somehow offended by having to pay for news and feature
material if its delivered over the internet. Do they think that papers - at
least major papers - don't have a major investment in their on-line
operations? Do they think that they are somehow entitled to free on-line
versions of that which they pay for on paper? And don't they understand that
if newspapers can't find economically sustaining on-line models we will
cease to have newspapers, because readers of paper are a dying breed,
circulation of newspapers is shrinking, and without the net, newspapers are
doomed?