Subject: [Leica] Riding The Rails
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Dec 9 14:01:46 2005

Ahem, everyone likes SNOW and NAILS, so let me see if I can play critic and
offer something more than "Great shots!"

At 09:38 AM 12/9/2005, B. D. Colen wrote:

>...and the rails are snowy today...
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/hotncold

I think the theme would work if this is a close up shot of the "hotness."
As it is, that emotion is lost.

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/SNOW

This one is "nice" but not great, IMHO. The composition is good but there
is no tension or action or interaction. Again, my humble opinion.

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/SnowTea

Most people don't like fuzzy pictures. I actually do, depending on the
pictures. I would rate this the 2nd best of the group. If the fuzziness is
just a tad less, I think it would be stronger.

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/Waiting

This one suffers from the same problem with hotncold. If we can see this
person's face from the other side!

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/Tea-Time/NAILS.

I think this works because it is unexpected. She has a good hand with no
blemish to distract. A slight shift to the left to capture more of her face
may work better. The pole being tilted adds some tension.

My humblest opinions. I wish my best efforts is as good as your worst ones!!!

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Riding The Rails)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Riding The Rails)