Subject: [Leica] Christmas Picture Contest
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Dec 9 22:47:41 2005

At 05:52 PM 12/9/2005, Ted Grant wrote:

>Richard offered:
>>In our traditions, we have Solstice Vigils and sing up the Sun on
>>Solstice Mornings. We sing, we drum, we dance, and some of us even blow
>>bubbles:
>>http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/solstice.jpg<<
>
>Hi Richard,
>On first look my re-action was.... "why didn't he get right in front of
>them blowing bubbles in his direction?" Bubbles sharp in foreground and
>people out of focus in bkgd.?  Second thought, "why not directly behind
>them blowing bubbles towards the rising sun?" With the bubbles being lit
>by the rising sun, heaven only knows what kind of effects could come from
>that angle?

Thank you kind sir for your suggestions. Will see if the opportunity arise
next time. I particularly like the possibly images of "Bubbles sharp in
front end people out of focus in back." I forgot to mention that this
picture was from last year as Solstice 2005 isn't here yet :-)
Unfortunately, we will be in the cold white East comes Solstice (NYC, in
fact) this year. I am sure that will present lots of picture taking
opportunities as well.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Christmas Picture Contest)