Subject: [Leica] monochrome madness
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Dec 10 04:54:17 2005

On 12/8/05 2:36 PM, "Peter Dzwig" <pdzwig@summaventures.com> typed:

> Walt Johnson wrote:
>
>> No matter how much I tell myself the world is really in color it still
>> looks black and white to me. Maybe it's just my sullen ways?
>>
>> In any case here is a couple of mono a monos
>>
>> Walt
>>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Images/guadalupe_ed

Love this first shot!!!
Maybe in color it would not have the punch.
I'm thinking:
It's good enough to still look good in color!!

Nice colors though.
These are nice grays.
Actually a few MORE grays wouldn't be so bad I think you could pull down the
contrast a half grade or full grade even (in effect) and still have a very
strong shot with a few more nuances which might work for it and with no loss
to the blacks. Assuming of course there's detail in those thin areas in the
neg. Otherwise no loss.
They look like they were printed on #5 Brovira-pixel!:))
But still look GREAT. (Tony the Tiger says..)

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/