Subject: [Leica] Do you know if on the older 1a, to rewind the film, you had to do kee
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Tue Dec 20 08:25:04 2005

> Thanks Richard.
>
> How about anyone in the 14xxx series?
>
> Regards,
>
> Vick Ko

No: 11048 rewinds normally, without manually depressing the release. But I
notice that the release button on mine depresses by itself when I switch the
lever to rewind and then the release collar turns with the film.  Mine,
however, is not a mushroom button, but the trim is nickel and the lens is an
Elmar.  I suspect a defect in yours that can be fixed.

JB