Subject: [Leica] Nikon mount Zeiss lenses?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Dec 20 11:50:29 2005

There is a bit of wild speculation from me here but given that wide
angle lenses are extremely sensitive to element position - to the
micron level - it seems entirely plausible that the finest optical
quality in WA lenses may only be able to come from manual focus
lenses simply because the compromise needed to allow for the backlash
and movement needed for a fast AF and low battery consumption forces
the maker into a more compromised optical design.
Frank