Subject: [Leica] Metz Flash and DMR 'smart dedicated' ?
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Tue Dec 20 16:50:42 2005

Yes my Metz 32 MZ3 too would 'function' in TTL mode with my R8/DMR combo but
results were flaky and un-predictable.
Occasionally TTL would work OK in indoor settings but I found TTL results in
daylight to be horrible and at one point my DMR seemed to lock into a mode
where it constantly overexposed by several stops. Turning it off and back on
fixed it.
 So in summary, I don't think it actually works.
Has to do with misreading of flash reflected from sensor surface I think.

Just bought a used Metz 40 MZ3i which should be able to read f stop from the
R8 (with SCA 3502 adapter).

Eric