Subject: [Leica] Playing with Photoshop/Orion Alternates
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Fri Dec 23 09:04:56 2005

Philippe - The noise is a real problem and Noise Ninja not helpful on
the Midnight shot due to the large uniform color areas.  With the
noise properly reduced in the sky, the tops of the trees went all
fuzzy and ugly.  I did use it (I hope successfully) on the 9 PM shot,
though.  The stars went blue when I applied the cooling filter.

Next time I'll shoot RAW and hope I can do a better job of color
correction than the camera was able to do.  I understand that
shooting RAW should reduce the noise, too.

Many thanks for the comments.

Regards,

Dick