Subject: [Leica] Official picture of digital-M?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Dec 23 12:30:41 2005

On 12/23/05 11:15 AM, "Didier Ludwig" <rangefinder@screengang.com> typed:

>> To see how many Leica die hards
>> will spend 3 or 4 times the cash on a red dot ash extravaganza from the
>> black forests of Germany. Like me probably.
>
> Mark
> you must have missed some school lessons in european geopgraphy... Solms
> and
> Wetzlar are in mid-Germany's Hessen, while the Black Forest is in southern
> Germany (Baden W?rtemberg).
> As long it's not important whether the Grand Canyon is in Florida or
> Oregon,
> no one will care...
> :-)
> Didier

Just referring to a light hearted Lug thread from 8 or 9 years ago.
Involving the gnomes under the mushrooms in those very dark Forests
responsible for the outsourcing of Leicas various nuts and bolts. Back in
the days of the wooden mallets.

But over here we're more causal about our geography.
Generally any pot hole in the road can be considered of "Grand Canyon"
status or reference. Minor dips on the hills. Slight undulations in the
terrain.

It gets complicated in the Wisconsin Dells where you think you are on the
top of a tall hill but in fact you're actually standing closer to sea level
looking down into the various local grand canyons of the area. Which you'd
think were not holes at all!
The clouds are more interesting in that area too. Really!
Probably confused.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon