Subject: [Leica] Official picture of digital-M?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Dec 23 10:13:05 2005

> a fast 18mm, which would give you a 25mm with the x1.33 multiplier.
>
> Other than that the vast majority of lenses are supposed to work.
>

> feli

The last two years in a row it was discussed at the annual LHSA meetings
announced by Stephan Daniels no less and then brought up on the LUG by me
and others. 18mm was a bit of conjecture perhaps on some of our parts
although some of us may have been on the inside track.
I'd anticipate them coming out with a 14 so we'll still have a 21. Not get
"choked out." by the digital crop.
That's the first thing I did when I started digital. Went out and got a 14
so I'd still have 21.
I don't think also they're worried one way or another about going "against"
CV's 12 and 15. 15 might be what would end up giving you a 21 anyway if its
less than a 1.5 digital crop circle.

And an 18 to give you a 28 would complete a nice package.
Or a 16 to give you a 24.
I think they should make up their own numbers!!

A 17 to give you a 15.5!?!?

I've held out on getting the CV's 15 and 12 to see if Leica would respond as
I'd kind of like to keep my system more or less "Leica" and this digital
thing has certainly giving them a reason... To see how many Leica die hards
will spend 3 or 4 times the cash on a red dot ash extravaganza from the
black forests of Germany. Like me probably.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/