Subject: [Leica] American Robin
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Dec 27 20:01:44 2005

on 12/27/05 2:22 PM, Grduprey@aol.com at Grduprey@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/26/2005 10:51:56 AM Central Standard Time,
> telyt@earthlink.net writes:
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/thrushes/amro04.html
>

> Doug,
>
> Framing looks fine considering the conditions.  I have always wondered how
> the 560 would do with a 1.4 extender on it, now I know.  I guess I will be
> getting the converter sometime in the future.  Nice job.
>
> Gene

Thanks to B.D., George and Gene for the 'other point of view' feedback.
B.D., I think the almost tactile feel of the photo, as you mentioned, is
what appeals to me though I'd still ike to have included legs and tail as
long as the 'feel' of the picture could be maintained.  Gene, the 560 plus
1.4x extender is quite a good combination particularly in the central area.
As you know the 560 is a very sharp lens and the 1.4x APO Extender softens
it only a tiny bit.  There's some chromatic abberation toward the edges, but
the central region is about as good as it gets.  I use this combination only
on a big ugly hefty tripod.

Also thanks to all for your comments, pro and con.

--
Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento