Subject: [Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Dec 31 11:18:09 2005

At 05:52 AM 12/31/2005, you wrote:
Your style as Alastair says is often "intimate" and several things
work against you here, the sheer scale of the church with its white
walls and large numbers of people and the distance between you and the
subject.

>Peter Dzwig

You're probably right, Peter.  In addition, the museum is requiring
that I get signed model releases from every recognizable person in
the photos.  That eliminates any possibility of being unnoticed.  I
haven't really gotten to know this family yet, but I have several
more months to work on it.  Hopefully when the baby is born and I
visit their home, I'll feel more connected to them.  However, on
another note, when the project director tried to get  permission for
me to photograph at the hospital where the baby will be born, the
publicity director of the hospital said she would have to be present
any time I was there taking photographs.  She will be out of town the
week the baby is due to be born.  Her solution?  "Well, I guess if
the family is there, you could hand your camera to them and let them
take the photos"  AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com