Subject: [Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat Dec 31 12:28:18 2005

Kenneth Frazier wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2005, at 5:52 AM, Peter Dzwig wrote:
>
>> but then they don't say anything about being in church.
>

> Peter, one of the most interesting parts of "being in church" is that
> most of the life of any church takes place outside of the sanctuary,  in
> dinners, meetings, picnics, fund raisers, hanging out in the  kitchen,
> hospital visits, etc., and it's all of that rich life that  I'm looking
> for.
>
> Ken
> ------------------------------------
> The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
> Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
> Current Leica Photography: http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r
> Skype: +1 8606328546

Ken,

I agree that being in a church is about a lot more than being in the
physical
building. The trouble is that when you are (in the physical building) the
members of the congregation are largely not engaged with the photographer
and
often resent intrusion into their spiritual moments, don't you think?

YOU however are exceptionally lucky in the acceptance that you built with
your
congregation in your last church - and we are exceptionally lucky to see the
results.

Happy New Year,

Peter

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Our Lady of Guadaloupe)