Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Re: nikon D100
From: wooderson at gmail.com (Matt Powell)
Date: Sat Dec 31 13:30:08 2005

On 12/31/05, F?lix L?pez de Maturana <FELIXMATURANA@telefonica.net> wrote:
> The fair comparison would be the R cameras as SLR shutters seem  to be
> more complicated than rangefinder one. During a test  French Chasseur
> d'Images broke an EOS shutter after 300k shots. Not bad.
>
> Felix

I think the fair comparison (digital vs. film) is the film body the
D100 is based on. I never used a Nikon film body, but I think that's
the N80, or maybe an even lower model than that.

It's hard to fault 'digital' photography, when the part that wore out
was mechanical (and presumably would have been in danger of failure
with the equivalent film body).

--
MP
wooderson@gmail.com