Subject: [Leica] Japanese paper reports Canon to take over Leica
From: summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer)
Date: Sun Jan 1 00:58:57 2006

I suppose that that makes sense . . . except that the Leica die-hards,
at least in my mind, won't stand for it.  That means, at least a DM or
the like will show up soon.  I have to think Canon's deep pockets also
help. I mean, no offense to anyone on the list, but it is not like
Olympus is buying Leica, the rumor has it that CANON, arguably the
world's best equipped and marketed digital camera maker has stepped up
to the plate.  They have at least some resources!

Frank Farmer
Jackson, Miss.