Subject: [Leica] Japanese paper reports Canon to take over Leica
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Jan 1 09:47:31 2006

Why not?
The , in former years , much maligned Cosina gets VERY close to Leica M
lens quality, at a fraction of the price.
I'm sure big operators like Canon could too - agreed, not as cheap as
some of their stuff is at present. What Canon needs is a series of
lenses to match the quality of their DSLRs,
so why not a hybrid using Leica glass? Of course at a price similar to
their L series lenses.

As to Sony, who knows what their planned Konica-Minolta-Sony DSLRs will
be like?
Douglas