Subject: [Leica] PAW 52 dlridings
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 2 07:13:22 2006

Daniel Ridings showed:
> Deep sigh ... the year's last PAW. Now that period of thinking,
> pondering, brooding, do I really want to go from PAW 52 ... to PAW 1 ?
>
> Anyway, we celebrate New Year's Eve every year with a group of
> friends. It's not the same constellation as Midsummer, but close. At
> Midsummer we have a "Kubb" championship. On New Year's Eve, we have a
> croquet championship.
>
> http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/52.html<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Daniel,
Absolutely smashing great picture moment!!!!!!!!! Capturing the expressions
on the men is right on the mark perfect. This is an example of a
"photographer" who understands timing and has great re-action to the
action!! If we were still doing FOM2 I'd have this one up as a lead picture
in the blink of an eye.:-)

No doubt the regular whiners will jump on the "Oh there's too much grain" oh
wimp wimp and sundry nonsense" instead of relating to the amount of
non-light I'm sure you were working with and the 3200 film! My re-action to
this silliness is "Damn look at the picture moment and forget the grain!"
This is an award winning photograph simply because of the timing and in
capturing the expressions!

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road