Subject: [Leica] Leica M7 and DX
From: mark_wilkins at yahoo.com (Mark Wilkins)
Date: Mon Jan 2 23:47:40 2006

Has anyone sent a Leica M7 back for service under the Passport warranty
because of intermittent failure of reading DX coding on film?

Set in Auto, my M7 jumps back and forth between metering for EI 400 and
EI 100 with ISO 400 film in the camera.  It seems spontaneous -- even
held perfectly still, not touching the rear dial, it can't seem to
decide which exposure to use.

Just wondering if anyone's had any success getting Leica USA to fix
this problem, or whether I'm stuck with it and should get used to
metering without the help of the camera. :)

-- Mark