Subject: [Leica] Leica M7 and DX
From: lambroving at att.net (lambroving@att.net)
Date: Tue Jan 3 02:16:09 2006

Some 2 1/2 years ago I experienced a similar problem with a new M7 out of
the box. Leica USA replaced the camera on the spot because I was travelling
the  next day. I'm not sure that Leica USA have the necessary parts to
repair this issue with the contacts, but Leica, Solms now replace the
electrical contacts on the DX reader with an optical unit. No reason to
accept this malfunction in an M7 since the primary reason to own the camera
is the AE, infinitely variable electronic shutter and exposure lock feature.
Contact Dave Elwell at Leica USA and ask his advice.

William