Subject: [Leica] tri-x and microdol-x
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Jan 3 10:55:36 2006

Daniel Ridings wrote:
> I don't know where the idea comes from that Tri-X is grainy. The 400TX
> is one of Kodak's most fine-grained films (TMX probably beats it out,
> but I doubt if much else does).

In fact there were published test reports that in their current and latest
reincarnation, 400TX is finer grained than TMY.  unfortunately, I don't
remember which developer was the "winning" one.

Me, I just use 400TX and D76, not by conviction, but by laziness.
I've been doing this stuff so long that I can now do it with both of
my eyes closed, really :-)  Whatever is easiest is greatest.

- Phong