Subject: [Leica] Digital R8/9 question
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Tue Jan 3 12:34:13 2006

Thanks Eric
but do you have a digital only SLR to compare it to?
I'm trying to figure out if the difference in the distance between the
sensor and
protective glass on the DMR and the same on a digital only SLR camera is
significant. If it is
then it might be a reason for not going with a digital back for any film
camera. On film cameras the idea was to get the shutter as close to the film
as possible. This might prove a hinderance when adapting to digital. On a
conventional SLR or an M the distance between film and shutter is I would
guess less than 3mm. Perhaps the R8 has the shutter farther foward. If so
then they may have designed it with digital in mind from the start.
Javier