Subject: [Leica] still more on Leica "rumor" and NYT
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jan 4 12:59:25 2006

While NYT considers itself the paper of record the nation's conscience, its
reporters are expected to be neither omniscient nor even omnipresent.

It appears this particular goof is the fault of the front page editor for
not confirming the AP story. If it's a two-inch blurb for Section ZZ on
taste-tempting Valentine's Day cupcakes, go ahead run it without double
checking. If it's a front page story involving life and death, at least make
a phone call.

-Chris Lawson

From: Matt Powell <wooderson@gmail.com>