Subject: [Leica] surgery
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Jan 5 14:18:36 2006

My late father went through two - the first after shattering his pelvis in
an auto accident and snapped the head off the femur - the ortho surgeon said
repairing the pelvis was "like trying to nail a custard pie to the wall -"
He did well considering how bad the injury was, but for some weird reason
quickly began producing all sorts of excess bone and had to have a second
hip replacement. The second lasted him until his death about a decade later.