Subject: 50 Elmar Current & a 28 Summicron Question [was [Leica] Re: Son of Asph]
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sat Jan 7 12:59:04 2006

I love my 50 Elmar and only find the f2.8 limit a problem indoors in
typical room light where I switch to my 35 Summicron ASPH or my 70's
era 50 Summicron. (I usually shoot ISO 400 film.)  The only issue
I've had with it is a tendency to flare when shooting anywhere near
to Sunward.

Question for the LUG:  I'm considering buying a 28 mm Summicron to
replace my 2nd generation 28 Elmarit and wondered if anyone had
anything to say about it yea or nay.

Thanks.