Subject: [Leica] surgery
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu Jan 5 10:01:07 2006

Ted Grant offered:

(snip)

>But wait for the fun time when you first pass through the airport
>metal detector and you ring it like you've got an AK-47 strapped to
>yer leg! Like Holy jumpin' cat-fish!  Before you know it the goon
>squad have you face down on the floor and a half dozen heavy weapons
>touching your head...... suggestion. Don't twitch! Smile, have
>medical paper showing you have a nice new metal knee! Still don't
>twitch when the biggest guy stands on the back of your knee to see
>what happens.
>Hang tough don't make a sound, smile. :-)

I often travel with a man who has an artificial hip.  He always tells
the inspectors about it before walking through the metal detectors.
On one trip outbound through Boston's Logan airport, he set off the
metal detector as always and after the usual routine of emptying
pockets, and removing watch, shoes and belt,  etc., to no avail, he
reminded the TSA guy about his hip.  "Would you take it off please,
sir?" was the response.

(snip)
--
Regards,